Friday, November 30, 2012

Is Ezine Advertising Legitimate? Read My Case Study


An 'ezine' can be a lot of things but it's basically just a big mailing list. Maybe it's a mailing list of a fitness guru or a mailing list that basically sends updates to people who frequently visit a particular website. You're probably already on some electronic newsletters or mailing lists already. The one thing an ezine cannot be is something is readily available via the web. An ezine should only be available through email.

Ezine advertising is one of the most cost effective ways of reaching a highly targeted niche. The following case study should help you get an understanding of how Ezine ads work:

My Case Study

In this one example, I paid $400 for sending emails to an ezine with approximately 90,000 subscribers. Now $400 sounds like a lot of money but to get this sort of exposure through advertising on PPC networks like Google AdWords or Yahoo Search would have cost me anywhere from $2-$3,000.

My $400 investment resulted in approximately 900 views, 400 opt-ins to my own ezine and then 20 sales of a $47 Clickbank product I'm an affiliate for. I more than made my money back and have an additional 400 users on my own mailing list.

Solo Ads

What I've found that works best is the solo ad. A solo ad is an email that the ezine owner sends out to the list that you're written. You control the subject line and the contents of the email. The case study I'm sharing with you was a solo ad. I use solo ads to lead to an opt-in page and once people on the ezine have opted into my own ezine I send them the ad to my own product or an affiliate product.

Finding and Approaching Ezine Owners

The best way to find ezines is to use online resources that collect ezine names, subscriber stats and provide you with contact information for the ezine owners. Some ezines will have clearly defined rates and for others it will be up to you to negotiate the rate yourself by contacting the owners.

Internet Marketing Newsletter Creation for Your Small Business   Article Submission - Three Big Reasons To Submit Articles   8 Tips To Write Winning Articles   2 Tips to Get More Ideas for Article Topics   Increase Your Profits With Article Writing   Websites That Have the Most Interesting, Relevant, and Engaging Articles   



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。